Thursday, November 29, 2007

saying goodbye...

Someones father, mother, daughter, son, sister, brother, friend, relative or even acquaintance...

The disbelief that someone close to your heart has passed away can be a life changing and challenging moment in a persons life.
No-one wants to say goodbye,
its such a permanent label attached to something
and no-one wants to say goodbye but rather
see you later, see you soon, until next time...

My friend recently lost her father to cancer and let me express as I sit here and and write to you my loyal readers, i shed tears.
This man was the life of every party, especially Laurens (not her real name).
He was a healthy, young, vibrant soul whose personality was nothing short of fun, trust and optimism.
He was a traditional 54 year old European migrant who instilled his strong beliefs and values into his family... this only brought the family closer.

Lauren would ask herself ...
- why me?
- why my dad?
- did i do something?
... often looking to the future, only to feel MORE alone and MORE cold.
- who will walk me down the aisle?
My dad wont be there to see and meet his grand kids, hear their first words, or attend their recreational attitudes.

She feels lost, confused and bewildered, only to remind herself and reminisce on the good times. The proud moments and the challegnes they overcame, making them stronger than ever.

Shes happy that he's safe and out of pain and how his memory will live not only in her life bit the lives of everyone he made smile.

Its not goodbye, just see you later.

No comments: